Can we go out
today?
Boats go out, but with caution. This is the wind and the swell forecast for today in the Golfo di Orosei: the same reading we use ourselves to decide whether the boat leaves.
Gusts forecast at 26 knots. With gusts like these the Harbour Master’s Office can suspend departures: the decision is taken in the morning at the harbour, and we write to you.
The next days
If the sea is not on your side today, here you can see when it turns good again. The forecast updates by itself several times a day.
gusts 26
cloudy
water 25°C
gusts 40
cloudy
water 25°C
gusts 19
cloudy
water 25°C
gusts 12
some clouds
water 24°C
gusts 11
cloudy
water 24°C
gusts 13
cloudy
water 24°C
gusts 15
cloudy
water 24°C
gusts 17
rain likely
water 24°C
gusts 15
cloudy
water 24°C
How we read the sea
It is not an opinion: it is two numbers, the wind in knots and the wave height. The same thresholds you find in the bar at the top of every page of this site.
- Great conditions — up to 11 knots of wind and 0.5 metres of wave. You can go anywhere, including the southernmost coves.
- Choppy sea, caution — up to 22 knots and 1.25 metres. Boats still go out, but the far coves get uncomfortable and the route is shortened.
- Not recommended — beyond those values. Better to postpone: in these conditions the Harbour Master can suspend departures.
What people always ask
With a choppy sea, can you still reach Cala Mariolu or Goloritzè?
It depends on how choppy it is and which wind is blowing. The southern coves are the most exposed: with waves above one metre the trip becomes long and uncomfortable, and we often prefer to stop at Cala Luna or the Bue Marino Caves. The real decision is taken in the morning, at the harbour, looking at the sea.
I have booked and the sea is bad: do I lose my deposit?
If you cancel at least 72 hours in advance we refund the whole deposit, or we change the date at no cost. Within the last 72 hours a refund is due only if the Harbour Master suspends departures.
What is the best time of day to go out?
As a rule, early morning: in the Golfo di Orosei the wind tends to pick up in the afternoon, and the swell with it. That is why departures are in the morning.
What if I book
and the sea turns bad?
- Up to 72 hours before: full refund of the deposit, or a change of date at no cost. Your choice.
- Within the last 72 hours: a refund is due if the Harbour Master suspends departures.
- The real decision is made in the morning, at the harbour, looking at the sea. We write to you.
Would you rather not steer? The cruise runs on a motor vessel: you just step aboard, audio guide in 6 languages included, under 3 travel free.
See the boat cruise · from € 80 per person →Three ways to discover the Gulf
A boat you drive yourself, a guided tour with a skipper, or a mini-cruise on the motorship. They all leave from the harbour of Cala Gonone.
Open-Meteo data for Cala Gonone (40.2829°N 9.6275°E), updated automatically several times a day.